Follow THIQAH on
Q1. What is THIQAH?
A. Through the Business Forum "THIQAH", the Islamic Development Bank Group is seeking to reinforce the effectiveness and success of the partnerships that have been forged between the Group and business leaders\establishments in its member countries’ business sectors. For this reason, the Forum’s head office has been suitably equipped to be able to speed up the initiation of projects and the transfer of expertise & best practice. THIQAH’s head office has been equipped with the very latest audio-visual communication systems which will be of great assistance when holding overseas meetings and events, allowing business partners to interact easily and effectively. In addition, it is a business platform for displaying successful models and investment opportunities available in all member countries.
Q2. When was the IDB Group formed?
A. IDB was formally opened on 15 Shawwal 1395H (October 20, 1975) and follows the lunar Hijra year as the financial year. The Group's principal office is in Jeddah, KSA and the official language is Arabic with English and French being additional working languages.
Q3. Who are IDB Group entities?
A. The IDB Group entities are below
Q4. How many member countries does the IDB have?
A. The present membership of the Bank consists of 56 countries. The basic condition for membership is that the prospective member country should be a member of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC), subscribe and pay its contribution to the capital of the Bank and be willing to accept such terms and conditions as may be decided upon by the IDB Board of Governors.
Q5. How to become a THIQAH member?
A. To become a THIQAH member, you need to register yourself at our Registration page and we shall get back to you for the confirmation. Please follow the link to register with us. Membership Registration
Q6. What are the membership requirements for the IDB Group Business Forum-THIQAH?
• Entrepreneurs who have made a name for themselves in the implementation of investment and development projects in their own country, and who wish to share their technical knowledge and experience in pilot projects with other member countries of the IDB Group.
• Projects in the targeted industries and sectors within the member countries of the IDB Group.
• Sponsors of projects which have had a definite impact of development.
• The sponsors of projects compatible with the policies adopted by the IDB Group in terms of governance, transparency, social responsibility and protection of the environment.
• Payment of the initial membership fee for the first year.
• Entrepreneurs wishing to sponsor the Forum’s work, activities and events as strategic partners.
Q7. What are the services offered to THIQAH members?
• The most comprehensive information about priority projects in targeted markets.
• Integrated packages of the services offered by the entities of the IDB Group.
• Technical and financial advice for projects submitted by Forum members.
• Forum members get priority in benefitting from the support offered by the IDB Group.
• Information about new support programs offered by the IDB Group for projects submitted by the private sector.
• The opportunity to take part in investment alliances formed by the IDB Group.
• Updates on the investment incentives and opportunities available in member countries.
• Summaries of completed investment transactions.
• A structured list of potential partners and entrepreneurs in other member countries.
• Up-to-date economic indicators for targeted countries and sectors.
• The opportunity to sponsor conferences and investment forums in member countries.
• The opportunity for members to present their products during conferences and investment forums in member countries.
• Access to all services, activities and events via the electronic portal of the IDB Group’s Business Forum.
• Regular publications about the Forum’s services and activities.
• Notifications about major investment events and opportunities in member countries.
• The opportunity to take part in conferences and investment forums in member countries.
Q8. What are the services available at the Head Office of THIQAH?
Our Head Office is open to members of THIQAH to hold their local and overseas meetings with their counterparts in IDB Group member countries. The Head Office is a business hub that is equipped with facilities and services to help members transact in their business activities more efficiently and successfully. These facilities include:
• Meeting rooms for events, training and other functions, all with an online reservation system.
• Secure wireless internet network.
• Video and audio communications transmission (teleconference and video conference systems).
• Temporary executive offices for visiting members.
• A network connecting the Forum’s Head Office with that of the Islamic Development Bank Group.
• Transmitting and streaming video and audio contents.
• Events webcasting system.