Follow THIQAH on
Public Private Partnership Division (PPP)
• Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) have evolved as the preferred mode of investment globally, especially for major infrastructure projects requiring sizeable investment, as they help to shift apart of the burden of financing from the public to the private sector, thereby , addressing the issue of budgetary constraints of the public sector.
• Recognizing the growing importance of the PPP Projects and its potential impact on IDB Member Countries, a dedicated PPP Division was created under the Infrastructure Department. The role of the new PPP Division includes supporting Infrastructure PPP Projects through direct participation as well as acting as a catalyst in attracting PPP Investments flows into IDB Member Countries.
• Infrastructure Financing in Africa
• Creating relationships to leverage IDB’s participation in Infrastructure development.
• Going forward , create Products / Funds
- Credit enhancement tools / instruments;
- Position IDB as a catalyst for attracting co-financiers and mitigating risk ;
- Advisory services for PPP focused project development / country capacity building.